Albania started relaxing its restrictions as of June 1st for its closest neighboring countries crossing via land borders. And as of July 1st, Albania officially reopened its borders for tourism to welcome all tourists. That is to say, it also lifted all entry restrictions and travel bans for air and sea borders.
Firstly, Albania is located in Southeastern Europe bordering by the Adriatic Sea to the west, Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, North Macedonia to the east, and Greece to the south.
In other words, this phenomenal Balkan country includes stunning mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, and beautiful beaches. Of course, to top it all off there are some of the world’s UNESCO world heritage old towns.
Who Can Travel To Albania?
All foreign citizens from all countries and nations can now travel safely to Albania for the purpose of tourism. In other words, all the normal entry requirements are also back to normal: having a valid passport and a Visa if necessary.
Are There Mandatory Testing And Quarantine?
Albania reopened its borders for tourism and it lifted all restrictions as well! This means no mandatory testing on arrival, no negative COVID-19 test result, and no quarantine from travelers arriving from certain countries.
Additional test and/or quarantine will only apply to symptomatic travelers with body temperatures above 37.5.
What Are The Entry Requirements For Albania?
- Travelers arriving in Albania should strictly follow its social distancing protocol of 1.5 meters and wearing of face masks while on the flight and at the airport, for instance.
- All arriving travelers will have their temperature checked after that.
- To clarify, all passengers coming from EU flights who have been subjected to temperature measurement will be excluded from this procedure.
- Certainly, all travelers with a temperature above 37.5 degrees will enter a special area of quarantine because they won’t be allowed to enter the airport and additional verification procedures will be carried out for them.
What’s Open In Albania?
The following are all open with strict social distancing guidelines in place and as a result:
- Professional sporting events have resumed, with no spectators allowed to attend
- Malls and shops
- Hairdressers and dentists
- Restaurants and cafes
- All indoor activity centers for children, gyms, sports centers, swimming pools, internet cafes, cultural centers, and entertainment centers
- Outdoor exercise is permitted
- Libraries and museums
- Public transportation
- Most importantly and above all, all maritime and air borders
What Airlines Are Flying To Albania?
Meanwhile, commercial flights have resumed flying to Tirana from selected countries as of June 15, 2020.
In addition, any European Cities are now flying to Tirana daily and some of them are London, Zurich, Florence, Milan, Rome, Hamburg, Warsaw, Budapest, Athens, Prague, Berlin, and Paris. These are also some of the airlines that fly to Albania:
- Air Albania
- Freebird Airlines
- Edelweiss Air
- British Airways
- Ukraine International
- Pegasus Airlines
- Austrian Airlines AG
- Enter Air
- Air Serbia
Check out Albania’s travel status on our live map.