This small yet beautiful country located right on the French-Spanish border has officially reopened its borders for tourism as of July 29, 2020. Andorra is now allowing all nations to visit! However, it comes with different entry requirements.
Who Can Visit Andorra?
As of July 29th, the Ministry of Health made an announcement that all nations are now welcome to visit Andorra but with specific entry requirements. EU nations can enter without quarantine. All other nations can enter Andorra but with a mandatory quarantine.
Here’s the list of the current nations allowed to visit Andorra without a quarantine or testing requirement:
All other nations not listed above are welcome to explore Andorra this time as a tourist. However, they will have to quarantine for 15 days upon arrival.
Andorra’s unique location between France and Spain can be a little bit of a problem. That is to say, an entry/transit into either France or Spain should be in priority first in order to reach Andorra.
This issue is not a problem for Canadians because Canadians are welcome to enter both France and Spain. However for the Americans, the USA is still banned from France and Spain. We recommend to contact the consulate of the country they wish to transit through.
Entry Requirements For Andorra
Here’s the list for entry requirements for Andorra:
- Travelers outside the EU should acquire multiple entry Schengen Visa if needed as entry to and from Schengen nations France and Spain.
- All travelers should have travel health insurance that covers COVID-19.
- Tourists should follow social-distancing measures.
- 15-day quarantine is required for all non-EU travelers.
Health Protocols and Safety Measures
All travelers should follow safety measures of social distancing. Moreover, wearing of face masks is mandatory in all public enclosed spaces and public transportation.
What’s Open in Andorra?
Basically, almost everything is open in Andorra. Please see the list below:
- Hotels, resorts, and other accommodations
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars in Andorra are open but under social distancing requirements
- Public transportation, but buses are at 50% capacity
- All businesses and attractions in Andorra are now open but under social distancing requirements
Check out Andorra on our live map