The beautiful nation found on the eastern coast of Central America, Belize has just reopened its borders for tourism as of October 1st. Firstly, the reopening was originally planned for August 15th.
Who Can Enter Belize?
All countries and nations. Belize is accepting travelers from all countries as long as they follow the procedures. That is to say, regular immigration rules will apply to all foreigners.
Are There Tests and/or Quarantine Upon Arrival?
Travelers should take either a COVID-19 PCR test within 96 hours of travel, proof of complete immunization 2 weeks or more prior to arrival in Belize, or a negative rapid test that is taken within 48 hours of travel. However, passengers who do not bring a negative test will be tested at the airport at their own cost. Moreover, passengers who test positive will face a 14-day quarantine.
Passengers who are negative will be allowed instant access to Belize as long as they are not showing symptoms of Covid-19
Other Entry Requirements
- Travelers must book flights and a hotel
- The hotel will then inform the traveler to download the Belize Health App
- All travelers should complete all the information n the health app
Safety Measures and Health Protocols
Mask should be worn in all public indoor, public transport, and certain outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible.
At the airport going to the hotel:
- All luggage will be sanitized after being removed from the plane, and then placed on the carousel
- Passengers will then be able to pick up their bags and place it on new luggage scanners that are being procured to minimize contact between the passenger and customs officers
- Visitors will travel by approved vans to their destination hotels where they are more or less supposed to stay
What’s Open in Belize?
- Approved hotels are open
- Beaches are open in Belize
- Everything within resorts including restaurants, pools, and beaches will be open.
- Public transportation in Belize is operating in a limited capacity.
- Restaurants and cafes in Belize are open.