Last Updated: November 2, 2020
The vibrant island country of Curaçao has finally reopened its borders to international tourists, allowing visitors from certain countries to enter. The country lifted the entry bans on tourists since June 12 and has categorized countries according to their Covid-19 infection rates.
Who Can Enter Curaçao?
These countries under the low-risk category are welcome to enter Curaçao without having to present a negative PCR test:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- St. Eustatius
- St. Barthelemy
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- St. Vincent and Grenadines
- Virgin Islands British
These countries under the medium-risk category are welcome to travel to Curaçao but must present negative PCR test:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Turks and Caicos
- United Kingdom
Some states in the US have been added as medium-risk. These are New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Florida.
Are There Mandatory Tests and/or Quarantine Upon Arrival?
For all of the above mentioned countries, if they follow all entry requirements and show no symptoms upon arrival, there will be no additional tests or quarantines.
Entry Rules And Requirements
- All travelers should complete the Digital Immigration Card before departure.
- Before departure, tourists should fill out the Passenger Locator Card. Both online (and then re-upload the finished copy) plus printed/filled out copy to have on your person for customs upon arrival.
- Passengers coming from the medium-risk countries must bring a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR test and carry a printed document as proof . The PCR test must not be older than 72 hours before departure.
Other Entry Requirements For Curaçao
- Tourists should have been physically located on any of the countries mentioned above for a minimum of 14 days.
- All travelers should have sufficient insurance coverage for the duration of their stay.
Health Protocols and Safety Measures
- Tourists adhere to basic hygiene standards and physical distancing during their stay.
- If social/physical distancing of 2 meters cannot be maintained, tourists will use face masks.
- Therefore, face masks are required at the airport.
- A 2300-0500 curfew that went into effect September 17 will remain in place until further notice.
What’s Open in Curaçao?
- Restaurants, bars, beach clubs, and other hospitality facilities are open for business adhering to normal opening hours but must follow the social distancing measure.
- Gatherings of more than four people are prohibited in public places.
- Places of worship may offer services at 50-percent capacity but with no more than 50 people in attendance at a time.
- Sports events may occur but without spectators.
- However, gyms and sports facilities but are limited to 25 people at a time.