Last Updated: September 18, 2020
If you’re up to explore a majestic history, vibrant culture, and natural beauty, then by all means there’s Ireland. And a holiday to this splendid Celtic island is only just a flight away because it’s now open for all travelers. The ‘Esmeralde Isle’ is sure to allure you with its tragic yet fascinating history and its rugged, romantic landscapes.
Ireland has first reopened for tourism on July 21, 2020 by first allowing “Green Nations” to enter the country without quarantine, all visitors from any other country will need to quarantine for 14 days.
Who Can Enter Ireland?
Good news! Ireland is now open to welcome ALL travelers, however most countries require a 14 day quarantine period.
Is There A Mandatory 14-Day Quarantine?
Yes. Countries like the United States, Canada, even the UK, and all the countries that are not in the list requires quarantine.
Ireland has made a ‘Green Country‘ list that is set to be reviewed every 2 weeks and here are the nations included in the list:
Updated as of August 6
- Slovak Republic
With this, all passengers that are arriving from these 15 nations (provided that they have been in that country for at least the last 14 days) will not have to quarantine on arrival. There’s no mandatory testing for these visitors as well.
September 18 update: From Sept. 21, only travelers from Northern Ireland, Cyprus, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland will be allowed entry into the country without having to self-isolate upon arrival. All other travelers, including Irish citizens returning from other locations, must self-quarantine for 14 days upon the arrival.
Other Entry Requirements of Ireland
All passengers, nationals or foreign, need to fill out the passenger locator form before arriving in Ireland because failure to do so will result in a €2,500 fee.
Health Protocols For Visiting Ireland
These are some of the requirements that the ministry of health has made for people visiting the country. And this is for the safety of everyone:
- Washing of hands regularly and thoroughly. Especially after being outside or in and out of other people’s homes or businesses.
- Maintaining social distancing.
- Wearing of face mask on public transport and in public indoor spaces is the law.
- Downloading the COVID Tracker App is suggested by the government to help stop possible outbreaks.
What’s Open in Ireland?
If you’re planning to explore this country then you’d be delighted because there are plenty of places that started opening. This is because Ireland is currently in Phase 3 of their reopening plan and this is what you will find open:
- Hotels, hostels, caravan parks, and holiday parks.
- Pubs and hotel bars operating as restaurants.
- Cafés and restaurants providing food and beverages.
- Museums and art galleries
- Gyms, yoga, and fitness centers
- Cinemas, arcades, and theatres
- Public transportation
- Hairdressers, barbers, beauty salon, aesthetic clinics
- Shopping malls, boutiques, and stores
- Religious buildings and places of worships
In addition to Ireland’s reopening, the Irish community gave us the privilege to cruise on the River Shannon once again. And what better way to go back in time and learn about Ireland’s rich history than exploring ancient Irish castles. With many ways to explore this country, no sightseeing expedition is complete if it’s not to see the Cliffs of Moher.
We hope you have a fun trip to Ireland and above all, a safe trip!