The dazzling country of Jamaica first reopened its borders for tourism to all tourists as of June 15th. And the good thing about Jamaica is that it is not restricting incoming tourists from any particular country.
Who Can Enter Jamaica?
Jamaica is accepting all tourists coming from any origin via air.
Are There Testing and/or Quarantine Requirements Upon Arrival?
- All residents of the United States of America (USA), Brazil, Dominican Republic or Mexico who are 12 years of age or over, are required to obtain and upload a COVID-19 PCR test result for travel authorization approval.
- Tests must be done by a medical laboratory that has College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation, a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) registration, or ISO 15189 certification.
- The date of the sample collection must be less than 10 days from the travel date to Jamaica. Example: For a travel date of September 22, the earliest the test sample may be collected is September 13.
- Samples collected using home test kits (ex. Pixel by LabCorp), along with antibody and antigen tests will not be accepted.
- Applications will be accepted up to 5 days, but NO LESS than 2 days before the date of intended travel to Jamaica
For Tourists Staying in Hotel
All tourists with no symptoms and traveling from low-risk areas will not require a mandatory test at the airport. They will then freely can travel to their hotel and enjoy their trip. No quarantine. But they are required to stay on the property.
All tourists with symptoms or traveling from a high-risk area or deemed high-risk should need to take the test at the airport. They will have to await the test results under quarantine at a hotel for up to 48 hours.
For Tourists Staying with Friends/Family
Tourists with no symptoms and traveling from low-risk areas will not require a mandatory test at the airport. They can then travel directly to the house they will be staying at but should commit to a 14-day quarantine period.
Tourists with symptoms or traveling from a high-risk area or deemed high-risk should take the test at the airport, even if they brought a negative-PCR test with them. No matter what the test result says, they will still have to quarantine for 14 days. If the test is positive, it will be at a facility. If the test is negative, they can do it at the house they are staying at.
Other Entry Requirements to Jamaica
As of June 15, 2020, all arriving passengers should have a Travel Authorization prior to check-in for a flight to Jamaica. Here’s the link for the travel authorization. All tourists entering Jamaica will need to have approval from the above application to enter Jamaica.
As of August 20, 2020, all residents of the USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic, and Mexico (who are 12 years old or over) will be required to obtain COVID PCR test. This test should be conducted within 10 days of the scheduled travel date at a medical laboratory that is accredited by the relevant national health authorities. In addition to American travelers, the medical laboratory should be accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
Moreover, all travelers should have a travel health insurance that covers COVID-19.
Health Protocols and Safety Measures
All tourists should wear face masks in public places in Jamaica. Tourists are should also follow the social distancing guidelines.
What’s Open in Jamaica?
- Hotels and other accommodations are open.
- Restaurants in Jamaica are only open for delivery. Bars remain closed.
- All non-essential businesses and attractions in Jamaica, except for public beaches, remain closed. Public beaches are open.
Check out Jamaica on our live map.