The lovely Eastern Caribbean country of Saint Lucia is now open for tourists as of June 4, 2020. Home to volcanic beaches, reef-diving sites, luxury resorts, fishing villages, and trails in the interior rainforest lead to waterfalls, Saint Lucia is the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway. The country’s airport, Hewanorra International Airport, has also started accepting flights from the U.S.
Who Can Enter Saint Lucia?
Saint Lucia is open to travelers from all countries. If a visitor came from any of the Caribbean countries within the travel bubble, they only need to submit a negative COVID-19 test. The rest will have to go on quarantine.
Are There Mandatory Testing and/or Quarantine Upon Arrival?
All travelers must submit a negative result from a PCR test taken no more than 7 days from arrival.
Authorities also require all travelers outside of the designated “Caribbean Bubble Countries” to provide proof of an accommodation reservation in a government-approved facility for the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine period. Travelers coming from the so-called “Caribbean Bubble” countries are exempted from the mandatory quarantine, but they must provide a negative Covid-19 test result taken no more than 7 days from arrival.
Other Entry Requirements
- All persons entering Saint Lucia must complete a Pre-Arrival Registration Form before arrival to ensure efficient and expedited processing on arrival. A printed copy of the completed registration form must be presented on arrival.
- Visitors must present a negative COVID-19 result taken up to a maximum of 7 days before their flight to Saint Lucia.
- All travelers must wear a face mask during the flight and at the airport.
- All travelers will be subject to screening and temperature checks by port health authorities upon arrival. If they have symptoms when they arrive, another test will be done.
Health Protocols and Safety Measures
- Travelers should wear face masks in all public places.
- All tourist must follow the social distancing measures
What’s Open in Saint Lucia?
- Approved hotels are open
- Public transportation in Saint Lucia is operating
- Restaurants in Saint Lucia are open.
- Non-essential businesses and attractions remain closed during Phase 1, however some tours can be booked through the authorized hotels.