Last Updated: October 14, 2020
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has officially reopened its borders for tourism as of July 1, 2020. The good news is, travelers from all countries can explore its lush and vibrant paradise.
Who Can Enter Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?
Since its reopening in July 1st, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has been welcoming all countries back. And since then, this country also started to relaxed its entry requirements and protocols for a safe travel.
Unlike some other nations that are reopening, St. Vincent and the Grenadines are considering the ‘country of origin’ as the country which the traveler has physically been in for the last 14 days.
Are there Mandatory Testing and/or Quarantine?
All travelers should have a PCR negative test taken within 5 days before arrival. Those who don’t have the test can have a test done upon arrival, and must agree to quarantine for 24 hours while waiting for the results.
Anyone arriving from China, the EU, Iran, South Korea, USA, Canada, and the UK will be subjected to a mandatory 14 days quarantine, at their own expenses. Moreover, anyone arriving from other countries, and showing symptoms of COVID-19, will also be required to quarantine.
September 18 update:
The CARICOM Bubble
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are looking to make entry exceptions for people coming from a CARICOM nation, which includes:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The British Virgin Islands
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Trinidad and Tobago
As of October 14, visitors arriving from the CARICOM countries should present a negative PCR test result prior to arrival in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Travelers may be tested again upon arrival and may be required to quarantine for up to three days while they await the results. Travelers from Barbados are exempt from the restrictions, however, they may be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
Other Entry Requirements
All travelers must fill out the Pre-Arrival Travel Form and have a PCR negative test taken within 5 days of arrival. In addition, travelers should wear face masks during the flight and while at the airport is required.
Any air arrivals without the PCR test will have a test done upon arrival, and must agree to quarantine for 24 hours to await results
On August 7, the country is requiring US travelers to provide proof of a fully-paid reservation in an approved hotel for five nights, and an initial quarantine in the approved hotel for five days.
Entry Rules for USA
As of August 1, 2020, travelers coming from the United States must follow the following rules:
- Should fill out the pre-arrival travel form prior to arrival.
- Negative PCR test within 7 days of arrival and should take a test again upon arrival.
- Must arrive with proof of payment of a Ministry of Tourism approved quarantine hotel for 5 nights.
- Directly from the airport the traveler will quarantine at the approved hotel for 5 days and be retested on the 5th day.
- Upon testing negative, the traveler will continue to quarantine at a hotel/rental of their choice for another 9 to 16 days, as directed by the health officer at that time.
Safety Measures and Health Protocols
All travelers should wear face masks in all public indoor, public transport and all outdoor areas.
What’s Open in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?
- Hotels and other accommodation
- Public transportation is operating
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are open
- Businesses and attractions
See the detailed restrictions and live report for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines here.