Last Updated on January 21, 2021
Travelers who have been vaccinated can now enter Seychelles for tourism purposes regardless of which country they came from, provided that they are able to show proof that they have taken the complete dose of the vaccine (two doses). However, they will still be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken no longer than 72 hours of arrival.
Seychelles will finally reopen its doors to commercial flights on August 1st. However, only visitors from certain countries will be allowed to enter. The Tourism Department of Seychelles has provided a list of countries that are permitted to enter Seychelles as tourists.
Seychelles has been welcoming tourists since June but only for those who are arriving in private jets and yachts. Starting in August, the Seychelles will open its airport to commercial flights under strict health and safety protocols.
Who Can Enter Seychelles?
Below is a list of countries that will be permitted to enter Seychelles as of August 5, 2020:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
Persons coming from countries not on the list will NOT be allowed to enter Seychelles for the time being.
Travel Guidelines, Restrictions, and Requirements
When entering Seychelles, all travelers must follow the following guidelines and requirements.
- All visitors from the list of permitted countries, including infants and children, must submit a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate upon boarding. The test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before boarding a flight to Seychelles.
- Airlines have been strongly advised to refuse boarding passengers who don’t have a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate as well as those showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- Health screening will be conducted upon arrival. This includes temperature check and symptom screening. Passengers will also be asked to complete a health check form.
- All visitors must have valid travel insurance with full medical coverage, including Covid19 related medical care.
- Face masks must be worn during flight and passengers must ensure a safe distance of at least one meter away from each other.
Rules and Guidelines for Booking Accommodations
Visitors must book their accommodations in advance. Upon arrival at the airport, all visitors will be asked to provide proof of accommodation. Here are some of the rules and guidelines when booking accommodation for Seychelles.
- All visitors to Seychelles must only stay in establishments that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
- During the first seven days, visitors must NOT stay in more than two accommodations.
- Only authorized transport services will be allowed to pick-up passengers from the airport going to their place of accommodation.
- Those who wish to indulge in recreational activities must only book with licensed tourism providers that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
Visitors Showing Symptoms
Any visitor who develops symptoms of respiratory infection, such as fever, shortness of breath, and cough, will be referred to the health services. The visitor will immediately be tested for Covid-19. If the result turns out positive, the Public Health Authority of Seychelles will require the person to isolate until full recovery. Seychelles has modern healthcare facilities, and visitors can expect quality medical care.