Last Updated: October 16, 2020
One of the cleanest and most orderly cities in the world, the island-city state if Singapore has officially reopened its borders for tourism as of September 1, 2020. However, Singapore can only accept international tourists from select countries.
Who Can Visit Singapore?
Travelers from select countries will be able to apply for ATP or Air Travel Pass. That is to say, this will allow visitors to enter Singapore without quarantine.
All travelers who have spent the last 14 days in the following locations will qualify for the Air Travel Pass:
- New Zealand
October 8 update: Travelers from Vietnam and Australia can now enter Singapore starting October 8, 2020. Visitors from these countries must first apply for an Air Travel Pass and must undergo a PCR test upon arrival. They can only go about their activities after they get a negative test result. All visitors are also required to use the TraceTogether app for the duration of their stay in the country.
October 16 update: Authorities in both Singapore and Hong Kong are discussing plans for a “Covid-19 Travel Bubble” between the two countries. This agreement will allow visitors from both countries to visit each other’s country without the need to go on quarantine. Tourists will be allowed to enter, but group tours are banned since it goes against the social distancing rules. It was not revealed when this will take place, but full details will be announced soon.
This list is expected to grow so be sure to come back here for the latest updates.
What Are The Entry Requirements For Air Travel Pass?
- Travelers should have been in Brunei or New Zealand for the last 14 days.
- Tourists should then present their Air Travel Pass to their chosen airline.
- They also need to undergo a PCR test.
- All travelers should stay in their accommodation for at least 48 hours until the test is proven to be negative.
- Should download the TraceTogether application
Are There Any Testing Required?
All travelers arriving into Singapore will be tested upon arrival for COVID-19. They will only be allowed to tour around Singapore after they receive a negative test result.
Health Protocols and Safety Measures
Firstly, all travelers should wear face masks in all outdoor and indoor public places. Secondly, tourists should follow the social distancing practices.
What’s Open in Singapore?
- Some hotels and other accommodations but with social distancing
- Public transportation is operating
- Supermarkets, convenience stores, grocery stores and wet markets (except convenience stores in parks)
- Critical food services, including hawker centers, food courts, cafes, and those that sell hot/cooked snacks and bread. These can continue to remain open but for takeaway and delivery services only.
Check out Singapore on our live map.